Livin El Sueno

.

Monday, January 4, 2010

And...we finally have Internet again...

So...these posts are all to catch up on lost time without Internet...

The kids had fun at VBS last week, despite their very limited knowledge of Spanish. Everyday when Eliana arrived, a group of kids would come running up to her calling out her name. When it was suggested that it seemed she'd made a lot of new friends, she responded, "No...they just like to pet my hair." Haha. It's so true. The Salvadorians obviously don't see much blonde hair, and when presented with this novelty, they have the tendency to reach out and touch it.

My parents left on New Year's Eve and they are greatly missed. It's much quieter and it's been weird going whole days without playing any games. Although we were supposed to retire Settlers weeks ago...true to the nature of addicts, we backslid, slash, never really stopped. But now, without them, we've only played one night. Instead, I've turned my energies toward creating stationary rafts for optimal tanning. Depending on the time of day, certain parts of the pool fall in the shade. To keep the rafts from moving into the shadows, I rigged a raft using surf leashes attached to lounge chairs on opposite sides of the pool deck. I know...very important advances for mankind...Nobel Peace Prize worthy.

For the amount I've blogged about tanning, you all probably assume that's all I do...and expect me to come home brown. But a.) I multi-task while bronzing...finished 2 more books..."East of Eden" and "Sex God." b.)best to keep your expectations low.

No comments:

Post a Comment